Air Conditioning Maintenance Tips: Different signs your unit needs a tune-up.
Having Regular AC Maintenance is essential in keeping your system running smoothly and avoiding expensive repairs when something happens to go wrong and out of your control. In addition, we want to make sure your units are running in fantastic condition for many years to come. With that being said, there are many different tips and tricks to go about adding to your routine to ensure a longer lifespan for these systems.
One of the main tips we highly advise for not only our clients but anyone that owns an HVAC system is to schedule regular check-ins and tune-ups when needed. By doing this, it will save you a lot of stress and mess in the long run. In addition, this gives you peace of mind regarding your air conditioner and is cost-efficient in the long run. If you don’t remember the last time your AC had a tune-up, here are some simple tips to determine when it’s time for a much-needed visit.
- The Energy Bill Goes Up. Commonly, your AC bill will be higher during the summer times than in the winter or fall. With that being said, if your bill is significantly higher than usual, this could be a huge red flag. The reason for this is because your unit is not functioning correctly and is using extra energy to cool your living or workspace.
- Your System is Only Blowing Warm Air. If you have your vent set to “Auto,” You will never hear it shut off. If this happens and you still are experiencing a warm house, it’s time for someone to check out your system. More than likely, your system will continue running in attempts to lower the temperature in your space, even when cold air is no longer coming out of it.
- Your AC is Putting Out Week Airflows. If the air coming out of your ac is indeed cool, but the flow is weak, this is time to give a checkup. Inadequate airflow is a typical sign of a leaky duct or even clogged filters. Getting this checked sooner than later is a simple and cheap repair.
- Your Thermostat Changes from Room to Room. The temperature that does not stay consistent between rooms can mean many different things. This could mean too much sunlight is coming through a room, insulation, or even airtight windows. However, having an annual checkup will identify the main problem and any possible severe causes of the temperature changes.
- Hearing Unusual Sounds Coming from your Unit. After owning an HVAC system, you must be familiar with the regular sounds that it makes. If you hear anything out of the order or strange, schedule a tune-up as soon as possible.
- Noticing Mold or Odd Odors. A newfound odor can be from leaking, broken, or even clogged drains on your outdoor compressor. A tune-up can help you identify the problem and solve the issue. Recognizing this problem at the beginning rather than waiting it out is the smart thing to do. Do this to ensure an easy fix before it comes to an expensive repair in the long run.
For the past many years, we have been the professionals that you can trust and are more than ready to help whenever you need us! For any more tips or to schedule your tune-up today call us here at Mideastern Plumbing at 618-594-3299.